Officialdom

I informed DVLA of my diagnosis, as required by law. They have written back, having consulted with the Oxford MND Unit, and now require me to return my driving licence, to be replaced with a 3 year medical driving licence. It makes little practical difference.

My application for an attendance allowance has been granted, surprisingly quickly. It's tax free and can be spent on whatever one wants. So a weekly small sum is arriving in my account.

An Occupational Therapist has visited. I had to pay for her services, as NHS OTs seem to be in short supply. I now have her report and she has approved the plans for a redesigned bathroom.

Although I have a Blue Badge application form, I haven't sent it off as I'm still able to walk several hundred metres without undue difficulty. Its time will come. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ceiling Hoist

Feeding Tube (PEG)

Floppy Head