Eye Gaze Tablet

The local MNDA organisation has loaned me an elderly eye gaze tablet, a Tobii C15, which is obsolete, but still works. It was discovered under someone's bed. I have been agitating for some time about the need to get one's hands on such a device early, so as to learn about it and set it up properly.  I am assured I'll get an up-to-date one eventually and admonished not to buy one myself.

Using eye gaze is a bit unnerving. If you keep your eyes on the screen, which is a normal thing to do, your gaze unexpectedly sets things off, which you then have to close down. So it'll need practice to become proficient.

It has built-in infrared control, so I plan to see if I can make it control lights, TV, audio and so on, all using eye gaze.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ceiling Hoist

Feeding Tube (PEG)

Floppy Head