Wheelchair coming into use

As the left leg follows suit to the right one, I am now wearing ankle-foot orthotics on both feet to counteract foot drop. I estimate the left leg is running 6-9 months behind the right one in terms of losing function.

A consequence of this is that I'm now using the manual wheelchair for all trips outside the house, it being much faster and more secure than using a rollator. This is made possible by having the Topper box on the car roof to hoist and deliver the wheelchair.

I've now attended both Goring and Pangbourne choir rehearsals by wheelchair for the first time. However, I'll be unable to sing in the pending Pangbourne choir concert, as it involves clambering about on staging.

I'm still using a rollator within the house and hope to do so for some months yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ceiling Hoist

Feeding Tube (PEG)

Floppy Head