Diagnosis Anniversary

Friday 22nd March 2019 marked one year since I was diagnosed with MND. We marked it with 3 days staying in Sidmouth. Here is a video of me rolling through the Byes, which run alongside the River Sid.



Here is a selfie of Sandie and me:




This blog entry also marks the point at which I started to use the wheelchair for indoor as well as outdoor use. An involuntary giving way of the knees in my bedroom late one evening has triggered this, as I found I was unable to rise from the floor by my own efforts and had to phone a strong neighbour to lift me on to the bed.

The wheelchair is safer, as one cannot fall; and now faster than using a rollator. I can't afford to allow myself to slump to the ground if I cannot then pull myself back on to my feet.

I started the past year walking without any supports; moving to using one, then two sticks. That period was followed by many months using rollators, which has only just ended.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ceiling Hoist

Feeding Tube (PEG)

Floppy Head