Family Gathering

The pending arrival of my brother Fred and his Canadian wife Sarah from Grand Cayman, where they live, triggered plans for a family weekend to welcome them. We decided it would need to be at my and Sandie's houses, so as to accommodate my needs.

Sandie nobly rose to the challenge of doing the catering for about a dozen people. We sourced much of the food from local businesses, such as Green's in Pangbourne and West Berks brewery.

Things started with the arrival of my sister Maggie on Thursday 8th August to help with preparations. The plan was breakfasts for all in my house under her supervision, with lunches and dinners at Sandie's.

On the Saturday afternoon Jim and Sarah's plane landed at Gatwick from Spain, where they'd spent a week.

Most of my five siblings and some of their partners arrived on Saturday and enjoyed dinner at Sandie's.

Final arrivals on Sunday completed the assembly. We enjoyed a splendid buffet lunch in Sandie's garden. Here's a photo of the six of us, taken there. Brother Rick, second from left, is photo-shopped in, as he'd left by the time the photo was taken. I'm now the shortest one!






Here's a time lapse video, taken by Sarah, of me getting into my car in the wet, best viewed full screen:




On Monday evening we took our remaining guests to Masooms in Goring for dinner. We saw these amazing sunflower creations:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ceiling Hoist

Feeding Tube (PEG)

Floppy Head